Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The past and Pangnirtung

I won't say much in this post because I realize even after all these years I seethe with frustration when I think about it.  The day after I wrote my last post about Cambodia and compared it to my experiences in Canada's Arctic, I came across an article in The Globe and Mail about just how bad things have become in Nunavut in the last 12 years since it became a territory.

I'm not a social worker, a politician, or anyone important enough to be listened to by the Canadian Government, but WAKE UP!  These problems have been there all along.  Why could I see it when I lived there 10 years ago?  You're the experts!  Get it right.  Don't stand by doing the politically correct thing while an ancient and beautiful culture and people self-destruct.

Shame on the Government of Canada. Shame on the Government of Nunavut.

No comments:

Post a Comment